Friday 17 September 2010

Out with the old...in with the new!

Facing a wardrobe door that was refusing to close and a shelf that was buckling in protest, I decided it was probably time to do something about my mountain of clothes. However, not getting too carried away, I did only manage to tackle one shelf... in one wardrobe. A start nonetheless. In my slightly OCD, neat freak kind of way I had managed to categorize my set of wardrobe shelves and this system was working for me. Well, up until now anyway. Starting from the top, we have bathroom towels, essential but not needed in immediate arms reach. One down from the towels comes the black/grey/white basics tees and selection of tops, and at two rows deep I had a lot of basic needs! Below this we have the coloured tees, vests and a variety of patterned tops (floral being a favourite), again coming in at two rows deep. The fourth shelf down houses the loungewear tops, that is to say old tees, vests and hooded tops that a former self wore to the gym and for lounging around in a student lifestyle. And finally we have the loungewear bottoms section, jogging bottoms and shorts galore! Having opened up my wardrobe layout like a department store floor guide, I bet you won't be suprised to learn where I started my clear out? That's right, in the bargain basement section- the joggers had to go!

With two full shelves being used for 'loungewear' that I very rarely used, I decided to make the cut. Grabbing the nearest charity collection bag I could find, I began my excavation into the depths of shelf three and four. It was horrifying, yet mildly entertaining. I'm proud to say that I rid myself of 18 tees, 5 vests, 3 cardigans, 4 grey jogging bottoms, 1 navy joggin bottoms, 1 pale blue jogging bottoms, 1 Adidas joggers, 3 pairs of shorts and one old, crusty white hoodied top. Relief!

And now to start filling it back up again! Hmmmm....what department shall I go for first?

No comments:

Post a Comment